Re: Telnet on Linux machine.

Peter Bowen (pbowen@pbowen.datastacks.com)
Tue, 26 Jan 1999 11:22:13 -0500 (EST)

Alfredo:

The problem you are refering to is most likely caused by the
builtin windows telnet application. It will (for some unknown reason)
send its terminal type as "ANSI" when your pass the host on the command
line. The fix is to call just telnet, then choose connect and type in the
hostname there. The TERM variable is dynamically set when you login.

HTH.
Thanks.