Re: 2.2.0 patch (where) ?

Neil Conway (nconway.list@UKAEA.ORG.UK)
Tue, 26 Jan 1999 12:53:36 +0000

MOLNAR Ingo wrote:

> On Tue, 26 Jan 1999, Martin wrote:
>
> > does anybody have a dif between 2.2.0-pre9 and the real 2.2.0 ?
> > I can't see the thing on kernel.org.
>
> it's patch-2.2.0-final in the v2.1 directory.

Oh dear. Maybe Linus was feeling masochistic this morning, cos we now
have TWO 2.2.0-final kernels to deal with. I thought everyone was going
nuts until I looked, and since 1am today (Tuesday) 2.2.0-final has
existed, and is even (woohoo) in the v2.2 directory ;-)

The downer is that we've been talking about 2.2.0-final since the middle
of last week (i.e. pre9), and now no-one will know which kernel people
are talking about - ARGH.

Let's get 2.2.1 out quick ;-))

But it's great news anyway (!)

Neil