Re: 2.2.0-final, ppp 2.3.5 -> awful?

Frank McIngvale (frankm@HiWAAY.net)
Mon, 25 Jan 1999 19:50:28 -0600 (CST)

On Mon, 25 Jan 1999, Matthew Harrell wrote:

> Is anyone else who's running this combination receiving awful transmit rates?
> I don't have any hard numbers, but I get solid lockups of the ppp link off and
> on the whole time I'm connecting.

I was having the same problem. The PPP link would just stall after a while
and never come back. The link was up, and tcpdump showed a lot of ACK's
going out, but nothing coming in. On a whim, I turned off DMA on my IDE
hard drive, and the stalls have not come back (yet). But, I may just be
having a run of good luck.

frankm