Re: us.kernel.org mirroring inconsistency

Simon Kenyon (simon@koala.ie)
Wed, 06 Jan 1999 17:12:10 -0000 (GMT)

On 05-Jan-99 Matti Aarnio wrote:
> Commercial dialup users are now getting flat-rate service at
> about 8.50 Euros per month, so I won't care about their con-
> nection times at all.

can i get my service from you?

i pay about 790e/month for my 64k leased line

a dialup connection here is about 20e/month for the service plus the cost of the
telephone calls

as for the suggestion that download size does not matter - well you obviously
don't live in a bandwidth challanged country like i do (where the total bandwidth
in/out of the country is probably no more that 20Mbits) and also don't pay for
your own connection

--
simon