Re: dhcp and 2.2.0-pre4

Graham TerMarsch (gtermars@home.com)
Wed, 06 Jan 1999 08:37:37 -0800

Al Goldstein n wrote:
> My brief experience with this kernel was similar to that of 2.131.
> Dhcp doesn't work. I have two ether interfaces using 3com 509
> and 3com vortex. The 509 interface did not come up. The dhcp is
> on the vortex and it wouldn't connect. The box has SMP. Not much info
> in Messages. But it might be that the interupt assignment is screwed up.
> The sequential io was much faster than 2.0.36 both on scsi and ide

Which DHCP client are you using? Asking as I know that there was a
pre-release version of the ISC DHCP software out recently that worked better
with 2.1 kernels. Not perfect yet as they were looking for people to send
back success/failure reports before wanting to do a final release, but it did
at least get my network devices configured right. Only catch I saw was a ton
of debugging output which I'm expecting to see removed prior to the final
release.

--
Graham TerMarsch