Re: further xtime race fixes [was Re: [patch] fix for xtime SMP race]

Andrea Arcangeli (andrea@e-mind.com)
Mon, 4 Jan 1999 19:33:09 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 4 Jan 1999, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> I don't want to do the name-change. I fully understand you doing the
> name-change to find everything, but then you might as well just change it

The name-change is not only for me, is mainly for other developers that
could not know that they have to use get_xtime() instead of xtime...

I can back the name-change of course, but I think it's not the right
thing...

Andrea Arcangeli