Re: us.kernel.org mirroring inconsistency

Albert D. Cahalan (acahalan@cs.uml.edu)
Sun, 3 Jan 1999 15:26:09 -0500 (EST)

Steve VanDevender writes:

> I'm getting a bit disturbed by an inconsistency between the
> kernel.org mirrors. For example, I have just connected to
> katelyn.optilinkcomm.net, which apparently carries only bz2 files
> and not gz files.

Ah, a bandwidth waster!

It is much more disturbing that most sites don't carry bz2 files.
I've been forced to waste 25% more bandwidth and disk space because
of this problem.

Maybe this:
ftp.bus.kernel.org This has bz2 files, as all mirrors should.
ftp.gus.kernel.org This is for bandwidth wasters.