Re: short display with 2.1.132-ac3, matroxfb and XF86_SVGA 3.3.3

Shawn Leas (sleas@ixion.honeywell.com)
Fri, 1 Jan 1999 14:23:57 -0600 (CST)

On Fri, 1 Jan 1999, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> But I suspect there is some GGI mentality somewhere - people thinking that
> all graphics should be done by the fb layer and thus don't even _want_ to
> consider X working. And such mentality is worse than a small bug, I'm

Now that's simply unfair. Is this truely your impression of what
GGI is all about? Or KGI? KGI simply tries to provide a way to
keep acceleration OUT of kernel land, and into userland via GGI (or
more appropriately GGI's extension libraries).

Linus, your words carry too much weight to be spreading FUD.

-Shawn
<=========== America Held Hostage ===========>
Day 2172 for the poor and the middle class.
Day 2191 for the rich and the dead.
750 days remaining in the Raw Deal.