Re: scary ext2 filesystem question

Zlatko Calusic (Zlatko.Calusic@CARNet.hr)
31 Dec 1998 16:26:15 +0100

alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk (Alan Cox) writes:

> With ex2ts thats still possible but its more likely you end up with a slightly
> shorter file where recent updates were lost

In my experience, lots of times I get corrupted files after unclean
shutdown, that is, lots of my log files finish with zeros on their end
(probably after fsck pass which kinda fixes things in those files).

It's tedious job after that, to go and delete those unwanted zeroes
from the files, and I would be much happier if FS would indeed behave
like you're saying (lose here and there, but do NOT corrupt data).

Maybe it's the fsck program bug, after all? :)

--
Zlatko