Re: 2.2 and tulip.c

david parsons (o.r.c@p.e.l.l.p.o.r.t.l.a.n.d.o.r.u.s)
30 Dec 1998 17:39:00 -0800

In article <linux.kernel.199812292020.MAA01832@midnight.hacking.in.the.land.of.kalifornia.com>,
David <david@kalifornia.com> wrote:
>iso-8859-1
>
>Reply to mail from Peter T. Breuer about 2.2 and tulip.c
>-----------------
>> Why? Is it any better? Why don't you just comment the #error line? It's
>> clearly only triggered by the 220 numbering on the new kernel.
>
>yes, it is better because v.90 actually works with my newer tulip cards.

It doesn't work so well with some older cards (like the SMC
EtherPower 100's I've got in one of my lease machines -- with v.90,
the network will come up, the transmitters will go *aaack*, and the
network will freeze. Not good behavior in a kitchen appliance.)

____
david parsons \bi/ And this after including it in the Mastodon-2.0.28 patch.
\/ Sigh.