Re: Hard locks still present in 2.2.0-pre1

bcurnow (bcurnow@sonnet.com)
Wed, 30 Dec 1998 15:27:56 -0800 (PST)

That was it. Up until 2.1.122 I had APM compiled even though I was on
SMP. In my BIOS APM was also enabled. I guess the kernels actually had
some kind of APM interaction going on even when they say they disabled APM
in SMP. Once I turned it off in the BIOS, the problem disappeared.

I should have found this one myself. It's been about 8 or 9 months
since I had to pin any problems down. Thanks for the help!