Re: minor procedural change recommendation

Kurt Garloff (kurt@garloff.de)
Wed, 30 Dec 1998 11:18:34 +0100

On Tue, Dec 29, 1998 at 10:08:09PM -0500, D. Feuer wrote:
> I recommend that from now on, the first pre-patch should be a renamed
> regular devel patch. This way, it can be tested first. 2.2-pre1, for
> instance, seems rather less stable than 2.1.132.

Linus won't do that.
He wants to release 2.2 soon (a week), and the existence of 2.2.0-preXY
causes many people to test the recent version ...
... and it's good like that, because there are some problems, but it seems
Alan has fixes for most of them on his box.

And please, don't send every message two or three times, just because it
takes a couple of hours, util they are delivered.

--
Kurt Garloff <kurt@garloff.de>                           [Dortmund, FRG]
Plasma physics, high perf. computing              [Linux-ix86,-axp, DUX]