Re: Does this mean it's too late to add a driver for 2.2.0?

Henning P. Schmiedehausen (hps@tanstaafl.de)
30 Dec 1998 10:19:24 +0100

torvalds@transmeta.com (Linus Torvalds) writes:

>I want the remaining patches before a real 2.2.0 to be _only_ about
>stability (possibly with the exception of the old vma code that Alan
>reminded me about - it's certainly been tested to death as it is actually
>a case of re-introducing old code rather than any real new code).

Linus,

please, please, please, consider adding the knfsd patches from
HJL. Fast + reliable NFS with locking would be about the only thing
that could convice me (and I think many other people) to switch from
ultra-solid 2.0.x to 2.2.x.

Kind regards
Henning (whose UPS stole about 800 days of cumulated
uptime on five machines when failing...)

--
Dipl.-Inf. (Univ.) Henning P. Schmiedehausen --             hps@tanstaafl.de
TANSTAAFL! Consulting - Unix, Internet, Security

Hutweide 15 Fon.: 09131 / 50654-0 "There ain't no such D-91054 Buckenhof Fax.: 09131 / 50654-20 thing as a free Linux"