re: 2.2pre1 crashes with partition check

Mike McQuade (mmcquade@aa.net)
Wed, 30 Dec 1998 08:59:31 +0000

For what its worth, I noticed this too, only here are my details:

2.1.132 WORKED (patched up to ac2).

2.2pre1 WORKED as downloaded (after the PCI bios cfg fix).

2.2pre1-ac1 WORKED no problems.

2.2pre1-ac2 CRASHED / OOPSes at the partition check as well.

It attempts to check the partition on my /dev/sda drive (which is DOSfs,
FAT16),
then crashes. Linux is on the /dev/hda drive, booting Linux (bzImage)
from Loadlin.

I tried a couple builds of the kernel with the AC2 patch, same result
each time.

Hardware is:

- P-II (celeron 300a)
- Abit BH-6 motherboard (Intel BX chipset)
- Adaptec 2940 U(not UW) PCI SCSI. (dos fat16)
- EIDE 3.2 G Western Digital drive (ext2)

PS. Can someone tell me how to capture the OOPS info when the system
crashes hard like this at boot time ?

Thanks

Mike