Re: Linux-2.2.0 (pre1)

Steven N. Hirsch (shirsch@adelphia.net)
Tue, 29 Dec 1998 23:57:21 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 29 Dec 1998, G. Allen Morris III wrote:

> > Quite frankly, the rationale is that nobody has stood up and said that
> > they are willing to really support the Linux kernel nfsd. I get patches
> > from people that I know don't intend to _support_ it, they only re-send
> > patches that they have seen floating around, and nobody seems to bother to
> > take a real active interest.
>
> I am willing.
>
> If people will send me the patches that they think should be applied,
> along with an explaination as to why they need to be applied, I will
> put together a unified patch to send to Linus.
>
> Allen

Allen,

I'll second the nomination. Your work has always looked clean and well
thought-out to my eyes. Rest assured, if there are any gremlins lurking
in the kernel nfsd I will trip over them - and quickly. I make up in
"feature-finding" ability what I lack in raw hacking skills <g>.

You'd be a good candidate. Hope Linus concurs!

Steve