Re: "ps" has no option for displaying all processes on the system

Tigran Aivazian (tigran@aivazian.demon.co.uk)
Tue, 29 Dec 1998 13:03:24 +0000 (GMT)

It would have been a disatroud situation if you were right.
Fortunately, this is not the case.

ps aux

is what you need. ps -ef is a SVR4-ism. There was a version of ps(1)
that satisfied both aux and -ef lovers somewhere on the net, if you really
want -ef.

Regards,
Tigran A. Aivazian, http://www.aivazian.demon.co.uk/