Re: core files (was Re: 2.1.131: some quality thoughts)

Gregory Maxwell (linker@z.ml.org)
Tue, 29 Dec 1998 10:07:44 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 29 Dec 1998, Simon Ekstrand wrote:

> Well if someone could please give me some pointers as to how you
> actually ask the kernel to "run another task" ie. exec a file.
> I would be more than happy to try to incorperate this into my
> corename patch.
> Remember that I'm fairly new to kernel programming..

I imagine that there would be something stored in a per-proc struct to
tell the kernel what to run for who and how to run it. Then look at kmod
to figure out how to actually start it.