Re: "ps" has no option for displaying all processes on the system

Miquel van Smoorenburg (miquels@cistron.nl)
29 Dec 1998 14:39:35 +0100

In article <cistron.Pine.GSO.3.96.981229175624.1923A-100000@gem>,
Prasun Kapoor <prasun@wipinfo.soft.net> wrote:
>Going through the man page for "ps" on a red hat release 2.0.32, it doesnt
>seem to have an option for printing all the processes on the system.

What does this have to do with kernel development? You're on the
wrong list I think ..

>"ps a " gives only processes that have an associated tty. So I cannot do
>something like "ps -ef | grep inet" (in solaris) to find out if the inet
>daemon is running or not!

Try "ps ax" or "ps aux" or for even more fun "ps axf"

Mike.

--
Indifference will certainly be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?