Re: Cheap network for two hosts ?

Michael Meissner (meissner@cygnus.com)
Mon, 28 Dec 1998 11:14:44 -0500

On Mon, Dec 28, 1998 at 10:07:56AM -0500, Mark H. Wood wrote:
> I trust those big hunks of shiny nickelplated metal much more than the
> sleazy plastic RJ45s. But to each his own. They both have their places.

On the other hand, I do not miss having to hunt around for the segment of cable
that was knocked off somewhere within an office which disables the entire
ethernet. Also in our previous office where we used thinnet, we had weird
connectivity problems, where machines plugged into certain taps could not see
other specific machines in the office.

--
Michael Meissner, Cygnus Solutions (Massachusetts office)
4th floor, 955 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA