Re: ARRGHH !!! Gated is broken again in 2.1.131 ...

Mr. James W. Laferriere (babydr@nwrain.net)
Fri, 25 Dec 1998 18:40:40 -0800 (PST)

Hello 'Sir' Alexey ,

On Fri, 25 Dec 1998 kuznet@ms2.inr.ac.ru wrote:
> Hello!
> > #ifdef NOBSDSTRUCT < Is this section as it s/b ?
> > #include <bsd/netinet/ip.h> < I would have thought the
> > #else < opposite .
> > #include <netinet/ip.h> < Under Slackware-3.6 or RH-5.2
> > #endif < the bsd/netinet/* doesn't exist.
>
> NOBSDSTRUCT should not be defined in your case.
> It means, that netinet/ip.h contains NO BSD STRUCTs 8)
> It is evaluated in Makefile, based on presence of bsd/bsd.h

> Is it true that the latest libc5 versions have bsd/bsd.h and have
> no bsd/netinet/? I daresay H.J.Lu made some really stupid
> things before stopping work on libc5 :-(
Not sure if latest libc5 does not have 'bsd/netinet/?' .
Slackware-3.6(Full install) has a 'bsd/?' but no 'bsd/netinet/?' .
RedHat-5.2(Full install) has -NO- bsd directory anywhere .
I don't have any other distro's. to be able to check against .

> > - much later -
> > Ouch, I have a funny feeling that something is -very-
> > differant between your filesystem & mine .
>
> Yes 8)8) I use three installations now: sparc/glibc-2.0.7,
> alpha/glibc-1.99 and intel/libc5. But all they are "customized" 8)
> Customization for glibc-2.0.7 may be found in
> ftp.inr.ac.ru/ip-routing/.glibc/, my libc5 is pretty old (5.3.8) and
> it still has "perfect" BSD emulation mode.
Wow , You have been busy , keeping track of all those differant
libc packages 8-) . How many differant systems do you admin. ?

> +#ifndef NBBY
> +#include <bsd/bsd.h>
> +#endif
>
> OK, it is great idea! I'll test whether it works with another
> installations.
This was submitted by Mr. Jon Lewis , Please credit him . :-)
Yes after I looked at it I was very happy to have this fix
in the tree I have been hacking on .

> About NO_ANK_FIX:
>
> It is not supposed to work with NO_ANK_FIX certainly 8)8)
> It is not an option, but just marker of a change, which I use
> as reminder.
OK, I'll keep my fingers off of it ;;-)