Re: 2.1.131: revised patch `PPSkit-0.4.0pre1.diff.gz2'

Ulrich Windl (ulrich.windl@rz.uni-regensburg.de)
Tue, 22 Dec 1998 08:18:40 +0100

On 22 Dec 98, at 0:25, Ove Ewerlid wrote:

> Ulrich Windl wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > although the feedback was not very positive (i.e. thare was hardly
> > any), and the download statistics indicate poor interest (most from
> > Japan, two from Germany, one from elsewhere), I worked further on the
> > patch, completing the new architectures (arm and sparc64).
> >
> > So a new patch is available at
> > ftp://pcphy4.physik.uni-regensburg.de/pub/wiu09524/PPS/PPSkit-
> > 0.4.0pre1.diff.bz2
>
> Perhaps, part of the problem with the low interest is that the
> above URL has been wrapped, presumably by your mailer so it is
> impossible
> to just click in the link and browse it. Also, most people are probably
> lacking the binding of bz2 in mime to autocompress!

Ok, the first wrap should be a "soft" one, and I assume that people
really interested are able to get it anyway. Secondly, I dedidedly
used ".bz2" (bzip2) to avoid non-hackers from using it. I thought
bzip2 is in recent distributions. (It in in SuSE Linux 6.0)

If time permits, I'll put a ".gz" verson there, too.

> This should not cause anyone with a _real_ interest to not lock though!
> Btw, in the subject there is gz2 !?!?!

Right, the proof that a human is typing here ;-)

Ulrich