Re: Article: IBM wants to "clean up the license" of Linux

Wesley Morgan (morganw@engr.sc.edu)
Sun, 20 Dec 1998 22:56:06 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 20 Dec 1998, Pavel Machek wrote:

> This is true if (and only if) you are in U.S. Right? In such case it
> would probably be good idea if "patenet-breaking" code was developed
> here in Europe... I do not know if using apps produced by european
> people would be then legal for u.s. people, but even good apps for us
> europeans would be good thing (tm) :-). [It would be also kicker for
> U.S. government: if there are better programs for european people than
> there are for U.S. people, it will hurt U.S. for sure :)]

Great, so now I have to pick up my good software from unreliable overseas
sites O;)

If what you say is true, I would have no problem picking up the latest
"unrestricted kernel patches" overseas. Nor would I have a problem
"illegally" using it :)