Re: Article: IBM wants to "clean up the license" of Linux

Anders Melchiorsen (postmaster@and.nospam.kampsax.k-net.dk)
20 Dec 1998 01:14:11 +0100

Jon Hamilton <hamilton@pobox.com> writes:

> It is probably true that as a practical matter, Linux can't be switched
> to a different license, but your claim isn't true in general.

Isn't the following paragraph usually included in GPL'ed stuff?

(at your option) any later version.

If so, one would "just" have to convince FSF to change the license and
produce a version 3 of it and all GPL'ed programs would follow. I think.

--
Regards, Anders
(address is valid)