[WAY OFF TOPIC] ; Tux is here (fwd) Who holds the penguin as Trademark ?

Mr. James W. Laferriere (babydr@baby-dragons.com)
Fri, 18 Dec 1998 21:56:54 -0800 (PST)

Hello All, Doesn't someone out there in linux-land hold the
linux-penguin as a copyrighted object ?, If not that then
as a trademark ? Sorry for the off post & forwarding the
below . Tia

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 1998 11:32:13 EST
From: WaiYipToys@aol.com
To: sparclinux@vger.rutgers.edu
Subject: Tux is here

We are a manufacturer of plush items. Our company has put the Linux Penguin
into production as a small beanbag. Your company has a strong Linux
commitment. Linux awareness will no doubt only continue to grow. This growth
can only benefit with eye catching promotional items. I think we have one. We
are currently looking for foreign distributors of our penguin. Our guaranteed
low wholesale pricing on request. We are the manufacturer so there is no
middle man. Please visit our site with more details about the Linux penguin at
www.WaiYipToys.com. If you could send me the name of the proper contact of the
person in charge of promotions of this kind or pass this mail to them.

Thank you,
Shelly Huber
Wai Yip International Corp.
58 West Saddle River Road