Re: Kernel Compilation Project - status update

Arjan van de Ven (arjan@stack.nl)
Wed, 16 Dec 1998 22:06:42 +0100 (CET)

On 14 Dec 1998, Henner Eisen wrote:

> > * ISDN subsystem
> Keep in mind that the current version of the isdn driver is not yet merged
> into 2.1.131 (the 2.0.36 driver is much closer to the current version).
> However, some of your points seem still to be valid for the current version.

I think it is about time the ISDN-tree is merged with the mainstream
kernel.

> > + The ISDN-subsytem doesn't compile if CONFIG_NET isn't set
> > (Would be great for an old 386 to serve as answering machine)
>
> The isdn subsystem uses sk_buff's and other network infrastructure of the
> kernel. Thus, compiling isdn without networking is not possible for principle
> reasons. Your observation might indicate a missing config dependency, however.

I know (and either solution suits me fine). I hope the official tree will
have this dependency soon.. (patches are out to Alan).

Greetings,
Arjan van de Ven