Re: SCSI3 16 byte CDBs?

Doug Ledford (dledford@redhat.com)
Wed, 16 Dec 1998 04:45:52 +0000

Kenneth Preslan wrote:

> I was looking at the SCSI code and it seems that Linux is hard wired to only
> take up to 12 byte CDBs. Are there plans to support SCSI3's 16 byte CDBs?
> (In 2.3, of course.)

There are several things I would like to see in the 2.3 SCSI code. This
can easily be added to the list along with full SENSE data reportability
and some other changes to the basic SCSI cmnd structure. I'm actually
considering starting my work on it now so that by the time 2.3 comes
around I've already got something to test with.....people might want to
just send me their little lists of things they think need done and I'll
start compiling a list of SCSI changes to go into the overall code.

--
  Doug Ledford   <dledford@redhat.com>
   Opinions expressed are my own, but