Re: Y2k compliance

Alex Buell (alex.buell@tahallah.demon.co.uk)
Mon, 7 Dec 1998 10:57:45 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 7 Dec 1998, Michael Talbot-Wilson wrote:

> On Sun, 6 Dec 1998, Riley Williams wrote:
>
> > Russia implemented the change soon after the Russian Revolution
> > around the time of World War I in this century.
>
> Er... soon after the October Revolution of November 1917?

ObUselessPost: Did you know Ethiopia are still using the old calendar?
They are 6-7 years behind the rest of the world. Right now it's 1991-1992
there. Do the Time Warp! It would be distinctly nice to experience 1992
all over again (fond memories then of a woman) ... ok I'll shut up and
crawl back under my rock..

ObUselessLinuxPost: cal correctly displays the calendar for 1752! This
worries me a bit here, because the calendars for different countries
varies because of the adoption of the Gregor dating systems at different
times. Rome adopted it straightaway in 1582, but Britain didn't get it
until 1752. Does cal correctly prints the appropriate calendar depending
on the country? I wonder what the calendar looks like for Eithopia?

Cheers,
Alex.

---
 /\_/\  Legalise cannabis now!