Re: Y2k compliance

Matthew Hawkins (matt@mail.goldweb.com.au)
Mon, 7 Dec 1998 07:51:26 +1100

On Sat, 05 Dec 1998, Mr. James W. Laferriere wrote:

> Hello Rik, I'm Sorry but 'cal' isn't a document displaying
> a known starndards bodies authorship .
> Also being common knowledge isn't a publication of the standard.

Where is the document "displaying a known standards bodies authorship" that
that says if the is not coloured blue, but red, in the afternoon only, then
tomorrow is going to be a fine day?

You don't need such legal crap for matters that are accepted as common
knowledge.

> All I'm asking for is a known definition for the derivation of
> leap year . There has has to be one somewhere .
> Otherwise how did 'cal' get its definition ?

I believe this has already been posted in words, C preprocessor macros,
double-dutch and swahili.

Please drop this thread before we start debating how long a leap year is if
the earth starts rotating backwards around Uranus. It has nothing to do with
the kernel.

--
Matt