Re: idle_task priority and scheduling 2.1.131

Andrea Arcangeli (andrea@e-mind.com)
Sat, 5 Dec 1998 12:11:59 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 4 Dec 1998, Rik van Riel wrote:

>We really want to catch the case where current has set
>SCHED_YIELD or has done something strange (idle process).

Ugh, the bug was not fixed at all using SCHED_YIELD in the idle task :(.
The right way to fix it is to set current->priority to -4, there are no
mistakes that way and we avoid a really not needed check for
current->policy == SCHED_YIELD that would be needed only for the idle task
because other processes if are running in YIELD policy has just the
need_resched == 1 and we must not play with them. I am fixing everything
right in my tree now. I' ll send a patch to AC since I am against
2.1.131-ac3 now (I have not rebooted yet though ;).

Andrea Arcangeli