Re: Synchronous protocols on Linux

Krzysztof Halasa (khc@intrepid.pm.waw.pl)
04 Dec 1998 22:22:06 +0100

"Joshua Snyder" <josh@imagestream-is.com> writes:

> The drivers are maintained by Imagestream Internet solutions. Go to
> www.imagestream-is.com for more information. The old SDL drivers are a lot
> more buggy then the new Imagestream drivers.

Well... It's hard to test, as Imagestream FR driver doesn't work for me.
This memory leak is critical - I have sent (some sort of) patch
to Imagestream few weeks ago which should fix it. However, writing
a patch for a code I can't see is not an easy job.

Anyway, old SDL driver works (with problems less critical than the memory
leak) - I've fixed the leak as SDL published (this) source file.

> I know that the frame relay
> driver has a memory leak but so does the old SDL frame relay driver.

But it was fixable in SDL driver, and Imagestream's one is binary-only.
BTW: Is that true that the drivers contain GPLed code, namely from
Linux' drivers/net/skeleton.c?

Thanks for info. I will ask jc@imagestream-is.com.

--
Krzysztof Halasa
Network Administrator of The Palace of Youth in Warsaw