Re: IDE freeze for seconds

Navindra Umanee (navindra@cs.mcgill.ca)
Wed, 2 Dec 1998 18:12:35 -0500

Montreal Wed Dec 2 18:06:45 1998

George Bonser <grep@shorelink.com> wrote:
> True enough. Disks will last longer and waste less energy if kept
> spinning. A motor draws much more current when starting than it does in

Too bad harddrives emit such killer noise. I have 1 4.3G harddrive
that has been relegated to archiving stuff and non-essential use
although I'm in dire need of harddisk space. As for the other drive,
I've given up on trying to make it spin down since something or other
invariably wakes it up at least once every hour (even when I suspend
just about every process on my machine).

Anyone know of sound proof cases?

Navin