Re: NTP dumps Linux, film at 11. [Fwd/FYI]

Stefan Monnier (monnier+lists/linux/kernel/news/@tequila.cs.yale.edu)
01 Dec 1998 11:36:04 -0500

> What's involved? We use NTP quite a lot, especially for the Linux boxes
> (RH5 systems tend to drift a *lot* for some strange reason... it's not their

My experience has been that ./configure using glibc-2.0.x gives you the
illusion that things went through fine, but the configure script mistakenly
decided that there is no kernel support, so it will not use adjtimex.
This in turn ensures bad synchronization.
See my other post for the workaround I used.

Stefan