Re: unkown PCI device

Lenart Gabor (lgb@hal2000.hal.vein.hu)
Fri, 27 Nov 1998 18:20:22 +0100

On Fri, Nov 27, 1998 at 03:45:25PM +0100, Lenart Gabor wrote:
> This should be inserted into Linux's PCI database :
>
> lgb@oxygene:~$ cat /proc/pci
> Bus 0, device 1, function 0:
> PCI bridge: VIA Technologies Unknown device (rev 0).
> Vendor id=1106. Device id=8598.
> Medium devsel. Master Capable. No bursts. Min Gnt=4.

Sorry, I've just realized that it shouldn't have sent to the list because
/proc/pci is absolote in 2.1.x kernels, and other utilites like lspci
have user space solutions (/etc/pci.ids for example). Sorry again.

Btw : When /proc/pci will be removed from the kernel source ?

"The truth is out there" "We're living together" "The future is dark."
---[ 88/422022-4602 ]--[ http://www.hal.vein.hu/~lgb ]------[ 87/477074 ]---