Re: APM power down problems

Thomas Molina (tmolina@probe.net)
Thu, 26 Nov 1998 10:59:44 -0600 (EST)

Thus far, the common elements are the MVP3 chipset and AMD K6-2
processor. I have doubts that it is processor-specific, so maybe one
reader's suggestion of a bios/chipset issue is closer to the mark. I
suspect a problem in the process which sets up and then switches to real
mode for the power down. Unfortunately, that part of the source is asm.
I don't have the expertise to troubleshoot problems in that section.

I've sent email to the maintainer, but have not received a reply. In
the meantime, I've been trying to get smart in the source, but it's slow
going.

The MAINTAINERS say the maintainer hangs out on the linux-laptop list.
However, since this doesn't seem to be a laptop thing I've not
subscribed. Where could I snag the archive to research relevant
material?

I also have yet to receive feedback from TMC.