Re: Mounting a spares root fs

jens@pinguin.conetix.de
Thu, 26 Nov 1998 00:01:14 +0100

On Sat, Nov 21, 1998 at 09:08:37PM +0100, christophe leroy wrote:

> I'm creating a Linux i386 based card for a embedded system.
> I'd like to be able to boot on /dev/sda1 when zip drive is present
> and on /dev/ramdisk when zip drive is absent.
> Is that possible ?

ZIP = SCSI ID 0
HDD = SCSI ID 1

an intelligent SCSI host adapter (like mine: Tekram DC-390F) will boot from
the first bootable medium on SCSI IDs 0, 1, 2 in that order. I have a MOD
640MB on SCSI ID 0 so that I can boot Windows if I stick in a MO disk.

--
_ciao, Jens_______________________________ http://www.pinguin.conetix.de
    cat /dev/boiler/water | tea | sieve > /cup