Re: atyfb on alpha?

Geert Uytterhoeven (Geert.Uytterhoeven@cs.kuleuven.ac.be)
Wed, 25 Nov 1998 17:28:24 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 25 Nov 1998, Matthias Welwarsky wrote:
> Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
> > Can you please add some debug printk()s to find out where exactly it crashes?
> > With `console=ttyS0' you can use a serial console to capture them.
>
> seemingly it crashes in aty_init, more exactly in the first inlined
> instance of aty_ld_le32. Arguments given to aty_init are non-NULL and
> seem valid. I noticed that aty_ld_le32 has no special code for alpha, so
> the generic version is used.

Then I guess it's the problem with memory spaces on AXP, where you should use
readl() and writel() to access MMIO regions, instead of normal accesses.

Jamie: is this correct? The file we're talking about is drivers/video/atyfb.c.

Greetings,

Geert

--
Geert Uytterhoeven                     Geert.Uytterhoeven@cs.kuleuven.ac.be