Re: 2.1.129-ac3 severe RX errors in PPP

David Burrows (snadge@gemcorp.com.au)
Wed, 25 Nov 1998 14:26:46 +1000 (EST)

On Wed, 25 Nov 1998, Alan Cox wrote:

> > The machine has an ISA ne2k clone, and it is a non SMP kernel which I've
> > compiled with egcs 1.03 and -O2 (which works fine I might add on my other
> > machines here). One other detail I neglected to mention was that I
> > enabled ppp deflate compression, maybe this is the culprit? I have a
> > 2.1.125 machine on the other end of the ppp link with ppp deflate enabled
> > also. I could try again with the deflate line commented out of the
> > /etc/ppp/options file if this may help? However I must note that I've
> > been using ppp deflate successfully for a while.
>
> If its non SMP there is no reason it shouldnt be happy. IDE disk ? and if
> so what is your hdparm -u setting ?

There are no IDE disks in this machine, an Adaptec 1510A ISA scsi card and
a 540mb connor. I've noticed that 2.0.36 has 4 receive errors of which 4
of them were dropped.

It could be a slight hardware/cabling problem which is exadurated by
2.1.129ac3 maybe? I'm running the port at 115200, however the UART type
is a 16550A which should be able to cope..

Dave.