Re: ppp-2.3.5 compile problems at 'make'

Matthias Andree (mandree@sx1.HRZ.Uni-Dortmund.DE)
Fri, 23 Oct 1998 19:27:09 +0200

On Sat, Oct 24, 1998 at 12:42:08AM +1000, Minh Van Le wrote:
> i am having problems compiling ppp-2.3.5 at the 'make', after having
> built & installed the modified-by-ppp kernel.
>
> i am running redhat 5.1, kernel 2.1.124 and although it may be a
> development kernel i have had exactly the same problem under 2.0.35 so
> i don't believe my problem is kernel related.

Try restoring your kernel to the state before you did make kernel, omit
the make kernel step and re-make (make clean ; make) the ppp user space
software. Recent kernel versions already include 2.3.5. And, for 2.1,
check for the pppd route setup patch. (Otherwise, pppd 2.3.5 will die
after establishing the connection when it tries to set the default
route).

> could all this be a kernel problem after all ?

No. 2.3.5 is fine here with both 2.1.125ac2 and 2.0.35 - see above how
to do it.

--
Matthias Andree