Re: bug introduced in 2.0.34

Matthias Urlichs (smurf@noris.de)
23 Oct 1998 09:41:33 +0200

In dist.linux.kernel, article <908887591.32181@noris.de>,
Spudgun <spudgun@earthlight.co.nz> writes:

> > > What I'm wondering about is if the kernel already handles a transition
> > > from DST to non-DST in a sane way. The kernel would have to use a
> > > different local time - UTC offset after the transition.
> > Its intended to
>
> Oct 4 01:48:06 potato named[74]: Ready to answer queries.
> Oct 4 03:19:37 potato in.comsat[16770]: connect from 127.0.0.1

That's a userland problem, the kernel DST flag is NOT consulted at all
here.

What we're concerned about are file modification dates on removable media,
inconsiderately stored as local time; network protocols, ditto but much
worse; ...

--
Matthias Urlichs  |  noris network GmbH   |   smurf@noris.de  |  ICQ: 20193661
The quote was selected randomly. Really.    |      http://www.noris.de/~smurf/