Re: [patch] jiffies wraparound [Re: 2.1.125 Show stopper list: Draft]

Linus Torvalds (torvalds@transmeta.com)
Thu, 22 Oct 1998 21:32:01 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 23 Oct 1998, Albert D. Cahalan wrote:

> I'm one. I need HZ at least. Page size and the cmd+env size would also
> be very useful.

Why?

HZ is already there. It's defined to be 100. You get it from the header
files. End of story.

If somebody changes the kernel timer to go faster without changing the
system calls that return jiffies, then THAT KERNEL IS BROKEN. But don't
come crying to me because you broke your kernel.

Linus