Re: 2.1.126-pre2 : undefined reference error

Richard Gooch (rgooch@atnf.csiro.au)
Fri, 23 Oct 1998 10:54:22 +1000

Junichi Saito writes:

> When compiling the kernel 2.1.126-pre2 + devfs patch v72, I got the
> following error:
>
> -o vmlinux
> kernel/kernel.o(__ksymtab+0x7d0): undefined reference to `pckbd_read_mask'
> make: *** [vmlinux] Error 1

This isn't a devfs problem, BTW. You appear to have
CONFIG_PSMOUSE_MODULE defined, which means you would have
CONFIG_PSMOUSE=m in your .config. How you could get that is beyond me,
because CONFIG_PSMOUSE is now a boolean option, not a tristate.

You are compiling for Intel, right?

Hmmm. Maybe you applied the pre-patch and didn't do a "make config" or
"make oldconfig" after that?

Regards,

Richard....