Re: [Maybe Off-topic] Production Installations

Miquel van Smoorenburg (miquels@cistron.nl)
23 Oct 1998 00:14:14 +0200

In article <cistron.19981022234145.E16748@pinguin.conetix.de>,
<jens@pinguin.conetix.de> wrote:
>On Thu, Oct 22, 1998 at 12:52:44PM -0700, Linux Lists wrote:
>I'd LOVE to see something like this in Debian 2.1 ... something like "dpkg
>--listpackages > packages.list" and "dpkg --installpackages < packages.list"
>or whatever. But thats for the debian mailing list :)

dpkg --get-selections > packages.list dumps the current list of packages
dpkg --set-selections < packages.list sets it
apt-get dist-upgrade installs it ..

Mike.

--
  "Did I ever tell you about the illusion of free will?"
    -- Sheriff Lucas Buck, ultimate BOFH.