Re: Problem with sound card after rebooting from NT

Alexis DOMJAN (adomjan@horus.horus.ch)
Wed, 21 Oct 1998 11:32:36 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 20 Oct 1998, Koshelev Maximka wrote:

> When i am rebooting from NT to linux my sound card (Crystal audio)
> don't working normaly: when playing MP3 whit mp123 or x11amp (I am
> getting kernel messge DMA timeout). But in games as quake sound is
> playing correctly! When i'm turning off computer after NT then all
> sound play normaly even whith x11amp and mp123!!!
> Why i need rebooting?
> This stuff is on 2.1.x kernels and 2.0.35 kernel!

Is your card PnP ? And do you use isapnp to configure your card ?
Maybe running NT initialize your pnp card and going under linux
without rebooting don't reset the card. A solution would be to
run isapnp to configure your sound card (use pnpdump to get your
isapnp configuration) and RTFM :-)

Hope it helps...

Cu,
Alexis