Re: PATCH: O_NOFOLLOW? (was "Linux 2.1.125 doesn't dump core on SIGSEGV")

Chris Wedgwood (chris@cybernet.co.nz)
Wed, 21 Oct 1998 13:46:12 +1300

On Wed, Oct 21, 1998 at 01:40:43AM +0100, David Woodhouse wrote:

> You do want to modify fs/open.c so that O_NOFOLLOW is removed from
> the flags after open() time, though, as with all the other such
> flags.

Yes... I missed that (I'm actually not sure why this is necessary, as
is apparent my VFS knowledge is sadly lacking)

I'll fix that if people think my current fixes are sane, ie. the
other architectures stuff makes sense.

-cw

> - f->f_flags &= ~(O_CREAT | O_EXCL | O_NOCTTY | O_TRUNC);
> + f->f_flags &= ~(O_CREAT | O_EXCL | O_NOCTTY | O_TRUNC | O_NOFOLLOW);

me thinks we should define _O_OPENREMOVEFLAGS or something less badly
named in arm-*/fcntl.h and change this to read

f->flags &= ~_O_OPENREMOVEFLAGS

that way - when we add more open flags, we don't have to touch this
part of code again, only the arch. specific files which we need to
touch anyhow....

-cw