Re: -j zImage (locales)

Gerhard Mack (gmack@imag.net)
Tue, 20 Oct 1998 12:26:55 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 20 Oct 1998, David Lang wrote:

> The international language for Air traffic control is english, this is not
> nessasarily a good or a bad thing, it is a fact that it was realized years
> ago that hurt feelings by some contries was less important then the
> ability to communicate. For Linux, if we have someone (or some program)
> that will translate ALL the comments into another language, good, go for
> it. but the key advantage of Linux is the open source available for all to
> read, this advantage will be meaningless if the comments start fragmenting
> into whatever language the latest programmer decided to comment in.
>
> David Lang

Pilots and Air traffic controllers are a specially trained group of
people, I hope you are not planning that linux be for only a select group
?
Not everyone can speak english, it's imprtant to find a way to at least
make a reasonable attempy to get things the user will see as international
as possible.

Gerhard

--
Gerhard Mack

gmack@imag.net InnerFIRE@starchat.net

As a computer I find your faith in technology amusing.