Re: Linux vs Microsoft

Mike A. Harris (mharris@ican.net)
Tue, 20 Oct 1998 08:39:56 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 17 Oct 1998, Lawrence MacIntyre wrote:

>This is for sure. I just installed Lose 95 on a Toshiba Equium, and I
>had to download video drivers from S3, audio drivers from Cirrus Logic,
>and ethernet drivers from Intel. Your basic newbie isn't going to be
>able to do that. When/If KOffice can import/export MS Office files, or
>Caldera gets their stuff for Linux done, I'm going to have a Microsoft
>disk bonfire:-))

Can we say "web-cam" please? ;o) I'm sure that you'll get
countless donations of MS software CD's and disks if you
advertise the event on your website coupled with a countdown
timer of a couple months or so.

I'd send some CD's your way. ;o)

--
Mike A. Harris  -  Computer Consultant  -  Linux advocate

Linux software galore: http://freshmeat.net