Re: Please try knfsd-981014

Peter Benie (pjb1008@cam.ac.uk)
Tue, 20 Oct 1998 09:26:54 +0100

Thomas Davis writes ("Re: Please try knfsd-981014"):
> Peter Benie wrote:
> >
> > Last time I looked that knfsd, it refused to respond to clients that
> > the kernel doesn't know about, which breaks Solaris and amd.
>
> uhm, the lastest version will allow Solaris clients to mount; you just
> get funny errors out of the system. (I'll have to dig up the messages,
> since I have both Solaris 2.6 clients and Linux Knfs servers)

If you are able to mount, then you have your client explicitly
mentioned in the export list. The problem being discussed (and now
fixed) is where you have an export to the world (or to a netgroup etc),
where the kernel doesn't know that the client is authorized when
it first receives an NFS packet from the client.

Peter