Re: -j zImage (locales)

ralf@uni-koblenz.de
Mon, 19 Oct 1998 17:53:05 +0200

On Sun, Oct 18, 1998 at 11:29:54AM +0100, Ragnar Hojland Espinosa wrote:

> Dunno. Maybe Linus should start putting code and documentation written in
> .fi, others in .cz, .es, .de, etc. The point is, I cant help this guy it I
> dont know german. Or japanese, or whatever. We have a more or less common
> language. Why not stick to it?

We don't and the respective "One language fits all" attitude is pissing of
quite a number of people. Remember that people on this list tend do be
higher school education than the average person on this planet. If Linux
wants to succeed beyond a certain limit it will have to become multiligual
despite all the technical problems this will result in. This will be one
of the key points to ``world domination'' just as important as apps.

Ralf