Re: 921Kbps on Linux: is it possible ?!?!

Thomas Davis (tadavis@lbl.gov)
Mon, 19 Oct 1998 14:16:37 -0700

"H. Peter Anvin" wrote:

> > If someone could point me in the direction of documentation for this,
> > I'd be more than happy to generate a patch for it. Yes, I understand
> > this is 2.3 stuff, but since I'm working on creating TTY drivers for FIR
> > devices, might as well fix this too.. (They _really_ need this..)
> >

> Note that if we are planning to do the Right Thing[TM] for 2.3, we
> might as well use the remaining Bxxxx bit patterns to things we know
> we're going to need before then. Perhaps your FIR things are included
> in that category.

currently, I have patches to make the only know programs that use them
able to handle it (as long as the values aren't used by something else)

there are only 3 values; 576000, 1152000, and 4000000 (MIR/2, MIR, FIR
as they are called by the standards)

so, NOT including them in the kernel won't break these programs, but
could cause a conflict with other possible values.

I would like to NOT split them, if it does happen however.

IE, don't put a 976xxx value between the 576000 and 1152000 value.
(makes my code messier; not impossible to handle, just messier)