Re: Cyrix Detection hangs machine on 2.0.35, 2.0.36pre13, and late 2.1.1xx

Rafael Reilova (rreilova@ececs.uc.edu)
Sun, 18 Oct 1998 11:48:46 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 18 Oct 1998, Alan Cox wrote:

> > you know don't have the feature. Anyway, the other solution may be to port
> > the 2.1.125 CPU stuff to 2.0.xx. Any hope of that?
>
> If people send me patches then yes. This may well account for the 2.0.35/6
> problem with a few strange TI cpus

Most of this stuff was in the Jumbo-series patch. Andre Balsa was
maintaining this but seems to have vanished. Links to the patch can be
found on the lkml archives. Sadly, I don't boot into 2.0.x (except for
emergencies) so anyone interested in backporting the current 2.1 code or
updating Andre's patches feel free to do it.

Cheers,

Rafael